Saturday, August 2, 2008

What a GREAT GREAT Day!

What an absolute great and amazing weekend day I had! God is sooooo stinkin' good that it takes my breath away! It started early this morning with the Beth Moore simulcast that touched my soul! She truly has a gift from God to teach in a way that will grip your soul and change your life! She really challenged me in my walk with Him! Then tonight we had our girls night with the youth group girls. I started this at the beginning of the summer the first Saturday of every month I do just a girls activity. They have all responded wonderfully to it and really looked forward to them. Tonight we ate, did face masks, paraffin hand wax, and painted each others nails. Talk about a great bonding time! I figured I would have some that wouldn't want to do the girly things and just sit there and make fun of the rest of us but it wasn't like that at all! It was amazing and I'm so happy that God has created a unity between all the girls from various backgrounds and families. Thank God for his overwhelming mercies!!

2 comments:

debra parker said...

That is so sweet. I miss those moments terribly.

Hillengrandma said...

Sounds like you are doing a great job with the young ladies. Thought you might like to see our daughter's website. She is the one that is a missionary. Her web address is: www.lilesfiles.blogspot.com