Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Daddy

Some of you may not know that both of my parents are fighting cancer right now. My mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in Feb. In June my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma that has spread to his bone marrow and stage 4 colon cancer that has spread to his liver. They are both undergoing chemotherapy right now. Without getting all depressing about it, just simply please keep them both in your prayers! My dad was admitted into the hospital today after becoming extremely sick last night. His white blood cell count is way, way, way, down which means he can't fight off any infections and is very, very, week. I spoke with him on the phone and his speech was slow and soft, so even tho I can't see his newly bald headed body I could tell that he was very sick. Thankfully we're only 3 hours away from them but I do wish I lived closer at times. I sure don't know what people do without Christ!

3 comments:

debra parker said...

Praying for you and your family.

Hillengrandma said...

ecuxamfrSo sorry to hear about your Daddy. We will be praying for him and your Mom and also you. We do know from experience that the Lord does give you strength when you need it to go through the hard times. You can trust HIM.

Marlers said...

Hi Melissa! Thank you for commenting on Debra's blog about my jewelry! I would love to add you to my email list for new items & sales, if I could!

Wanted to say that I was so sorry to hear about your parents. I too have a sister that was diagnosed with breast cancer, and later with brain. She is doing well now. Prayers for you and your family!

Visit me at vintagemomma.etsy.com and Click contact seller. You can send me a message that way, so we don't have to share our email over the web.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!
Sharla B.