Monday, August 8, 2011

It's Monday

I just started reading the book "Crazy Love." I will tell you I am definitely not, nor have I ever claimed to be a person that enjoys reading as a form of entertainment! That being said I am taking my time and really enjoying each page of this book! Brandon will be teaching the book as an elective on Wednesday nights at church starting in Sept. but I wanted to get a head start on it since I don't read very fast and wanted to take the class with him. The author explains in depth his view on how we should respond to what Christ has done for us! He has such a down to earth approach and a real way of expressing his views! I recommend this book to anyone that wants to look at Christianity in a fresh view!
Dad is still hanging in there. He has lost more weight and is much more sluggish then he used to be. It's hard to believe that 2 months ago we were taking our family pictures while Amber was in town, I look at those every day and am so thankful that we got them done when we did! That was God's timing for sure! He doesn't look like himself or even carry on much of a conversation much any more. 2 weeks ago I had Friday off work and he wanted to come help me get some things done and so during Jaxen's nap time he was helping me with dishes. Standing there next to each other I asked him if he was scared of what was going to happen within the next few months and he answered a confident no and that he was just ready to go now and would rather not have to wait and be a burden on anyone in the future. I reassured him that we would all take care of mom for him and to not worry about that. We spoke of who all he will see in heaven that has preceded him and how cool that will be to hold my sister Lisa's baby she lost! We all have that peace that passes any understanding of what is happening. God is in control and we all know that this is part of His plan! Thank you for your continued prayers!

1 comment:

Michelle Elkins AKA Mickey said...

Crazy Love will rock your world! it did mine, I have a different look at life now that I read it. I listen to Francis Chan here and there online as well.