Tuesday, September 1, 2009

37 weeks and a great shower!





My church family threw me and Jaxen a shower on Sunday! Our ladies haven't ever really been big on baby showers so I didn't get my hopes up on a specific number on attendance but I walked into the shower and there were like 40 people there!!! I can't tell you how stinkin' amazing of a shower it was! The ladies went above and beyond to make me feel way loved! There were a quite a few people that pitched in and all got me my car seat and stroller combo!

Then Sunday night a gentelmen whose wife died about a year ago came up to me and said, "My wife would have wanted to do something for your shower and I'm not good with words, but you and your husband mean the world to me!" He then gave me a $100! He got tears in his eyes and alls I could say was thank you and gave him a big hug! Isn't that amazing! I have a Dr. apt Thursday morning, if anything is new or changing I'll be sure to post it.

4 comments:

Hillengrandma said...

Looks like a lovely shower!! How exciting. You look fabulous. Eula May told us the other day that you had been in to see them recently. She said,"She is just as sweet as ever." But then George and I already knew that. I love the story about the man that gave you the $100.00. Made me cry.

Anonymous said...

I had the same dress when i was preggers!!!! gotta love showers!!!! you are so cute! I hope you have an easy delivery!!!!!! Thats so sweet about the guy from your church!!!

Amanda said...

i definitly had tears in my eyes while reading this! you look beautiful!

Mandy said...

So exciting! You look beautiful and so happy! I am so glad your church family is being such a blessing to you guys! There's nothing like having that support system when you're away from your own family. You guys will be wonderful parents! Can't wait to see pictures of Jaxen! Praying for you!