Monday, July 11, 2011

Shatto house update

















Update on the Shatto house!


* This past Thursday night was my last cake decorating class, I had an absolute blast learning all that I did! My final cake didn't turn out as good as I would have liked! It was meant to be a 2 layer chocolate on chocolate cake, however the icing turned out too thin and the top layer literally slid off the bottom layer...long story but we ate the bottom layer at home and I took and decorated a small 1 layer chocolate cake! I have been asked to do my first birthday cake for someone else! I talked them into allowing me to do cupcakes instead since I feel more confident! I'm excited!


* We introduced Jaxen to the potty chair! He's not a fan! We'll see!!!

* The last picture is a photo of a custom ordered recipe box I made for a friend! My etsy store is doing good so far. I've sold more off line then through my etsy store, which is fine with me! I will be hosting a vendor booth at an upcoming sale in August and I am super stoked about that!


* Dad is doing pretty good! The Dr.s office drained 5 1/2 liters of fluid off his stomach area today! He's lost weight and seems to be more sluggish but overall is still doing well! We are going on our "daddy daughter date" tomorrow night! That's his fathers day gift! We will be going to see Thor!


* I am letting my current craft projects dry while I blog this!


* I am so blessed to be so content in my life! I see so many people that are so unhappy and want to change so many things! I am so thankful for a loving and supportive husband and family!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

congrats on your cake class! :) i bet your cupcakes will be adorable. loving all your crafts too. LOVE u!

Amber said...

oh my word i love the picture of jax on the potty with that face, my favorite part is how his hands are clasped in front of him. that kinda makes me happy that you had the cake issue...hehe makes me feel better about my chocolate cake woes.