Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankfull!!







There are so many days I just sit and am overwhelmed with thankfulness! I am so thankful that my baby sister got to come for a visit! A wonderful family in our church has a beautiful huge house and were going on vacation and offered there house to us to use so we could all stay together while Amber and Trevor were here! They fully stocked the fridge and let us simply be at home in their house! What a blessing! All 13 of us were able to stay under one roof and enjoy each other! That is truly loving like Christ! Who just gives up their house!!


I am thankful for the time we are given with my dad! He is beginning to decline quickly. He is now having to take his pain medication more often, his body is retaining fluid, he can't eat as much as he once did, every time he sits he sleeps, he needs at least 6 naps a day to continue, but I am so thankful he has a great testimony during this all! Sunday night at church he sang Mercy Me's 'Jesus Bring the Rain' if you haven't heard the song it simply states that why would the bad things in our lives make us love God less...what's a little rain...whatever brings Him glory just bring the rain! The congregation gave a standing ovation and I don't believe there was a dry eye in the house. Jared got up to preach directly after dad sang and was so choked up he broke down before he could continue.


On a lighter note...the above picture is my very first cake from my cake decorating class! Brandon got me these classes as my Mother's Day gift and it is so much fun! I feel so accomplished and like I actually did a good job! The instructor is so kind and makes you really believe you can do it so easily! I don't desire to be a professional baker or cake designer by any means but I will be able to make Jaxen's birthday cakes!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Melis that was well said! it was so much fun staying in that house with everyone. it truly felt to trevor and i like a perfect family vacation. it was just amazing. i am scared that that may have been my last time to see dad on earth...but trevor says that if dad is still here for Christmas (which we are not God, we do not know how long dad has) then i will definitely get to come. That will be more around dad's birthday actually. anyways yes it was a wonderful stay! oh and i love your cupcake cake!